RESUME GIVEAWAY RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility – 1A Resume Giveaway (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least sixteen (16) years old at the time of entry. Employees and affiliates of 1A and other companies associated with the Contest promotion, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members are not eligible to win. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor – The Contest is sponsored by 1Application.me (1A).
- Agreement to Official Rules – Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period – The Contest begins on August 1, 2022, at 12:00 A.M. A winner will be chosen on the 28th day of each month at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. There is no end to the contest at this time, but 1A reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time. Entries that are submitted after the 27th of each month will be entered for the next month’s drawing. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest.
- How to Enter – Online via 1A website application: This method of entry will be available by clicking here and following the directions provided to fill out and send the entry information. 1A is available online. The registration form can be completed on any phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer with Internet access. There are computers available at local libraries for anyone who does not have Internet access. Always log out of your account when using shared/public devices.
Limit three (3) entries per person (different emails must be used), for the duration of the Contest Period. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
- Prize Drawing – The giveaway will occur on the 28th of each month; a team 1A representatives will select the winner based on the completeness of their application and the need they present on their application. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via telephone or email on or about the 28th of each month. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries.
- Winner Notification – Winners will be notified by email, mail, or phone. If a selected winner is not at least 18 and/or still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately five (5) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Prize – Monthly winners will receive a consultation with 1A’s Resume Expert as well as a resume revamp valued at $250 or less. If the value of resume services required is more than $250, the winner will pay the remainder of the balance for the resume expert’s services over $250.
- General Conditions – In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability – By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement, the processing of entries (e) losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Party’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest. In no event shall the entrant be entitled to attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. 1application.me does not guarantee interviews or job placement.
- Disputes – All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights, and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio.